Státní zámek Dačice, 380 01 Dačice
Tel. +420 384 420 246, e-mail: zamekdacice@seznam.cz

   When in the 16th century one of the family branches moved to Dačice, Oldřich Krajíř of Krajek built a Renaissance four-wing chateau on the north outskirts of the town. This edifice, first mentioned in 1591, was designed in line with the style of the north Italian town palaces. The exterior features of the chateau were altered several times during the following centuries. The Earls of Ostein and Dalberg were forced into reconstructing the chateau not only by the fashion trends but also by a succession of destructive fires. A fire, however, was not an impetus for the extensive reconstruction which started in 1831 and lasted about a year. The first-floor chambers were given a new empire look, and the front of the building was altered.

Taneční sál  Velká knihovna

   The interiors accessible to visitors are mostly furnished with Empire furniture. Dačice chateau houses remarkable collections of table clocks, graphics, china, earthenware, glassware and a butterfly collection.