Státní zámek Velké Losiny, 788 15 Velké Losiny
Tel. +420 583 248 380
The present purely Renaissance manor was built during 1581 - 1589 by Jan Junior from Žerotín.
Side wings were built at the same time with the main oblong building. The building was
connected by cloister galleries in the courtyard. The outer shape of the eastern side wing
adapted to the wall of the previous Medieval stronghold. The whole courtyard of the manor
remained open on the southern side and only later was built around by lower buildings with
massive pillar cloisters. Fortunately the manor was not affected by later significant
modifications. A shadow on its history are the witch processes during 1678 - 1692 which
afflicted dozens of innocent victims.
Among the interiors stands out the large Renaissance banqueting hall. Very remarkable is also
the hall of ancestors with the portraits of famous members of the Žerotín family. The manor
stores a collection of paintings by Italian, Flemish and Dutch masters. There is also a
remarkable collection of pistols, hunting rifles and other weapons.