Správa hradu Pecka, 507 82 Pecka
Tel. +420 493 799 129
The Gothic castle was established at the beginning of the 14th century probably by barons from Železnice. The lords from Hořice bought the manor from them in 1475 and reconstructed the original palace in the southern part of the building. In the latter half of the 16th century the castle was adapted in a Renaissance style.
In the exhibition area in the castle palace there is an exhibition depicting the life of Kryštof Harant from Polžice (1564 - 1621), a famous humanist, traveler, soldier and politician, as well as a Renaissance gentleman of extensive cultural and artistic interests.