Muzeum Vimperk, Zámek, 385 01 Vimperk
Tel. +420 388 411 506
The originally early Gothic castle built upon a high rock above the town of which the so called Vlček's tower and the forward fortification have been preserved, was reconstructed to a Renaissance manor in the middle of the 16th century and later restored in the Baroque style by the Duke Adam František Schwarzenberg (+1732).
Today part of the manor houses the municipal museum and Šumava picture gallery (exhibition of glass works, printing manufacture, carving craftsmanship and nature of Šumava).